Russian Dolls

One summer evening I felt a glitch. I looked out of my box to realized I was in someone else's box. A place made out of light




- Who the hell are you? And What are you doing there?

- I'm sure I don't know sir. I'm in self-Isolation you see.

- Aren't we all?

- Can you tell me where I am?

- In my den, within the highest billboards in town. I used to live in a basement but I have moved up. Great view from here.

- Something about this place, as if I've seen it before...

- If you'll excuse me, I'll go back to my observation post. 

- What do you see down there?

- I see humankind wants to change. But transition times are never easy. Some don't want change, they fear it.

- They say that in most of the civilized world --

- The word civilized has no place in the discussion of the affairs of this world. 

- But you just said humans wan --

- Wants to change, yes. But they have yet achieved civilization or perhaps what you might call modern civilization.

- I don't think--

- The judiciary system in most nations on this planet is archaic. It goes unnoticed because people don't think it affects them, only bad people. As if an old black and white western movie. They fill those prisons to avoid tackling the real issues, like a band-aid on a cancer tumour.

Racism is an archaic concept, so is homophobia. Yet...

The world health organization recommends washing hands regularly. Still, 3 billion people which is about 40 % of the world population don't even have access to water in their own homes. That also goes unnoticed by most people.

I have yet to see a civilized modern society


- Is there hope?

- He smiles - That is why I provide light. Lots of light, high above. Like a lighthouse, a beacon to help navigate when times are rough and I love light. Light is truth

- Wait, all those light bulbs. I know who you are!

- “I am an invisible man. I am a man of substance, of flesh and bone, fibre and liquids – and I might even be said to possess a mind. I am invisible, understand, simply --

- “simply because people refuse to see me.” 2 It's an honour to meet you mister invisible man.

- Yes, that is what people call me. Ellison never gave me a name after all. Haha!




Comments